Saturday, May 2, 2020

My Acne Journey Day 4: Breathe

Hi everyone!

It's a gloomy day today and rain poured late afternoon. Today is day 4 of my acne journey. I'm off for three days and I can focus on myself for the weekend and have the time to observe change on my skin for the next three days. Yesterday, I talked about hormones and how did I overcome it. I just want to add something about it, I took contraceptive pills last June of 2018 because I watched a few testimonials and articles that hormonal acne is caused of a high level testosterone in the body. That is why I have coarse hair on my upper lips and arms especially in my legs and armpits. I also read that high level of testosterone can cause PCOS for women. And I'm afraid that I may be one of them. But ever since I took contraceptive pills last 2018, my period became regular and is consistent for 28-30 days cycle. And I had observed that whenever I do strenous activities, my period delays for a week. But overall I never experienced period cramps and dysmenorrhea unlike my sister and mother did. I am one of those lucky women who never experiences cramps. Thanks God🙏🏻
Like what I have mentioned yesterday I discontinued taking pills because there are testomonials I heard about taking it in a long run. Just like what my colleague told me she had cysts on her ovaries that need to be removed and thats because of contraceptive pills.

Today's topic is about leaving things behind. As I ponder last night before I sleep, I remember all my mistakes from the past. I have this very rude attitude of changing skin routine rapidly. When a certain product is already empty I change the product most of the time. There is no exact skin product stayed for almost a year. And that's the attitude I need to change. If this toner I bought the other day will match my skin type. I would probably stay with it for a long run. This will be my forever regimen just to be sticking to one method. And that's exactly what I realized in the true events of my life. Not sticking to one partner. Wtf! Hahahaha!

Okay! Fine! Yeah! There's only one man I have in my life. Talking to him for 4 years already. A virtual relationship. And yes, I cheated on him several times but he really don't know about that. We keep on having blues in our relationship but the boat is still sailing. I love him. I have him at my worst. The day when I felt dying and told him I may not be able to talk to him cos I wanted to quit that night. Then the next day, I greeted him 'Good morning' and he replied 'Why are you still alive?'. That moment, I knew he is the one. Hahahaha! I will reveal him when the day comes that we will meet. And I know that is very soon. I really don't know why I wrote this lol. Maybe because a background of Ed Sheeran is playing right now hahahahaha. Jesus!

Anyway,  lockdown period is very tough right now. The feeling is like there is always someone watching our actions and deeds. I miss running down the trails, roads and hills. Running keeps my body fit, there was a time when I gained too much weight and there is a time that I feel so slim. Running helps me a lot. Being proactive keeps me away from vices like smoking and drinking. I admitted that I smoked and drunk a lot last year and that made me feel different and guilty. Running with an ailment is hard so I need to quit smoking and drinking. I will write a different post about overcoming stress. Sweating helps the body breathe. Though in my case, I really sweat a lot, a little movement or carrying something heavy makes me sweat. And my pores were really extraordinary. Pores on my nose and t-zone is very big and wide. They really get oiled up easily even if I wore matte foundation and setting spray. Honestly you know I get bullied at my work because even my colleagues notice it. They make fun of me and cracking jokes about my oily face. Sometimes they even want to deep fry food on my face because thats what oily my face looks like. Yes! I know you were imagining things too hahaha! Well, I get used to it. There's actually nothing I can do but to laugh with it because it's true. And that's what I really like to get rid of it. Oil,sebum,god! Sometimes blotting it is too expensive. I can take 4-5 blot papers just to remove oil on my face. Just to have a smart and thrift way, I use to blot it with facial wipes. And you can really see oil literally on the tissue paper.

Number one tip on working out, never exercise with make up on your face. I enrolled on a gym last week of January this year and I always forgot to take off my make up before excercise and sweat that builds up on pores got me irritated. It cause me breakouts. God! Thats a curse. From that day on, I always remove makeup with virgin coconut oil and wash my face with Nivea acne whip foam. And after doing exercises, I wash my face again.

I'll be posting pics after my skin routine tonight.



*** This is me after my skin routine. I decided not to put Olay mochi mochi night cream cos I noticed early this morning,my face was so oily and dewy. I thought it may add up sebum and can cause new zits to appear. So I just applied petroleum jelly on my lips and I'm ready for bed!

Now I made a video tutorial on how I treat my breakouts.
Watch it here:



Goodnight and God bless! ❤️😘

No comments:

Post a Comment