Thursday, April 30, 2020

My Acne Journey Day 3: Hormones

Hi Everyone! welcome back to my blog. Today is day 3 of my acne journey, first I am happy to let everyone know that my period came. And that's a big factor right now because when my period get delays I experience the bad days of acne. And I am happy that my menstruation cycle is still quite normal now.

Today we will talk about hormones and how did I deal with it the passed years.

Btw, talking about that skin night routine I did last night, the toner was ok. The smell was not pleasant but just mild. As mentioned from the past blogs I wrote, the toner I bought was in cucumber scent. According to the vlogs and testimonies I've read about the cucumber variant, it does not smell good and smells like a lady bug. wtf! I honestly don't know what a lady bug smells like! lol!

The skin night routine I made was ok. I felt my pores were so tight when I lay back at bed last night. Then early this morning, when I washed my face that was just the only time I had the chance to touch my face cos I forbid myself whenever I touch it. I felt there were still new bumps on my left cheek but overall it was like over ripe hahaha!

I think my face were healing because my period came. Pores are getting tight and oiliness were reducing. My pimples were like drying cos it's been itchy every now and then.

Few years back, I remember my first break out was 3 years ago after my cousin's wedding exactly April too so I told my self that my pimples were getting worse whenever summer begins. And cracked a joke that its because its school enrollment now that's why my pimples were going back to enroll. I did few researches about acne and pimples growing at the chin area and jaw line, it constantly grows new bumps every month. The roots and pores doesn't close that's  why when I have new pimples, it just grows back at that part.

I read an article about hormonal acne, and you can determine if it is on your hormones when it is growing in your jawline,around your mouth and chin. I experienced this almost a few years back and that's because my period skips a lot of times, I got mood swings,irriatated and grumpy. I also read that to make your period in normal cycles,few women took contraceptive pills. I bought a few brands like Diane and Althea over the counter and you can not miss any single pill per day until you reach your cycle. First months were doing ok,my period was normal. But pimples still grow and I felt a bit dissapointed. I consulted an ob-gyne and just prescribed me Diane pills. I discontinued it after 4 months cos I felt normal but my acne is still growing. I am gaining a lil weight though my pores were tightened. Oiliness decreases,but my pimples grow a lil bigger but just a few grew. Breakouts were decreasing. I also read that if you continue taking contraceptive pills chances are there are health risks and I dont want to take those risks so I discontinued it. My period were normal every month. After some few months I noticed that whenever my period will come 2 weeks before breakouts will happen and its really devastating. I was like having my periods in normal cycle but why does breakouts still happening. It is because of hygiene? Food intake? Stress? I really can not see the main reason. It is like a disease it keeps going and going for life. Imagine I am already going 27 this year but look at me still having breakouts like a teen ager. Adult acne? Really? Seriously? Is this forever? Anyway, as time goes by I am now accepting the real me little by little. I always boost myself that beauty is only skin-deeped. But yeah, I am an aspiring make up artist who admire beauty. How can I market my service if I can not make the best version of me.

Anyway this is just the beginning, there are many things to ponder and be grateful. Beauty will fade my friends but wisdom will be forever. Hahaha! Ok enough of self pity portion. Down to my last part is the post skin night routine. The after look of my beauty skin regimen.

Thank you for the time and goodnight!





This are pics after I washed,toned and moisturize. Redness are still there, a few new zits.

See you tomorrow for another update!

Goodnight 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment